Sunday, June 28, 2009

The McCormack Swimming Pools

So far this summer we have not had many opportunities to go swimming because of the rainy weather. There was one particular day when our little Gracie Girl was playing with us and it was supposed to be nice and warm so I told the kids that we could go swimming. Of course then it ended up raining the entire day - but I kept my promise and the kids all went swimming - in the bathtub. They all seemed pretty content to splash around in the comfort of our home rather than freeze their bums off at the local outdoor pool. As for me I was just happy to see that the jets still worked after sitting idle for so long. ;)When it did finally warm up for one day I surprised the boys by breaking out their outdoor swimming pool. The plan was to fill it up in the morning so that the sun could warm up the water during the day and then the boys could go swimming in the afternoon. (Yeah I know there are some moms who put warm water in the pool to begin with - but I am not one of them.) Anyways, of course the boys could not wait for the water to get warm and they ended up swimming and playing in the water the whole day.

No comments: