Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Puppy Dog Tales


It never ceases to amaze me just how quickly time goes by now that I have two little boys. Add a vacation in to the mix and the time whizzes by in the blink of an eye. Our vacation time in Wyoming is usually spent visiting my mom, my brother and my three sisters not to mention the extended family and friends that call the windy state their home. I always get stressed out trying to make sure to fit everybody in without leaving anyone out. This time we spent a couple of nights with my brother Robert and spent a mandatory day walking around historic downtown Laramie. I love shopping at the Maurice's there and always spend more money than I should, the Curiosity Shoppe that carries all sorts of nick knacks and most of all the Chocolate Cellar - yummy. Robert, Shelly and I also took the boys on the footbridge that goes over the railroad tracks in hopes of standing over the passing trains but I think all the trains were on strike that day. It was still fun none the less.


We then spent three nights with my mom - otherwise known as Grandma Janice. At first Landon was not sure what to think of my mom's dog Tabby mainly because we do not have any animals and so he is therefore not used to being pawed and licked and sniffed. It took about a day before Landon would walk up to her and initiate any type of contact and after that they were buddies. Mom said poor Tabby Dog spent the day after we left her house just walking around sniffing and looking for us. :( Maybe one day the boys will have a dog of their own - even if it is when they move out on their own.
The last three nights of our trip were spent at my sister Tonia's house in Cheyenne, Wyoming. They live outside of town where there is lots of space for the boys to run around wild and that is just what they did. Lucas loved racing his cousin Kathy around the house multiple times and helping his cousin Destin feed the steer. After being up close with so many cows this last trip Landon is now fluent in 'moo' tongue. One of the highlights of the trip was being reunited with Steve after being away from him for an entire week. The boys grabbed on to daddy and didn't want to let go.

1 comment:

Life As A Melchior said...

Those pictures of the boys and Steve brings a tear to my eye! What a love they have, I love little boys and their daddys!!!