Friday, May 1, 2009

Springtime: T-Ball & Trips to the Zoo

After being postponed for a week due to rainy weather, Lucas finally had his first T-Ball practice and a practice game last week. I was so worried that we would have a repeat performance of last year when we tried to get him to play soccer and all he wanted to do was cling to our sides and go home. That was definitely not the case with T-Ball - he was so excited to follow his coach and teammates on to the field and play ball. I was so happy I brought the camera as always but kept kicking myself over not bringing the video camera. I don't remember laughing so hard as I did while watching their practice game. The four year olds would hit the ball with the bat and then run into the field to retrieve their own ball (all while still holding the bat. :)) Once Lucas was up to bat he hit the ball and then proceeded to run a big circle in the outfield - without touching any bases - before returning to the home plate. TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We loved every minute of it. This week we just had team pictures and poor Lucas kept asking why he did not get to stay and play T-Ball. Needless to say we are all excited for him to get to play again next week.

This week brought with it plenty of nice weather and therefor allowed us a trip to the Utah Hogle Zoo. We had our sweet Gracie Girl with us this last Monday and decided to venture out to see the animals for the second time this year. This year we purchased a pass that allows us to visit the zoo as much as we want for an entire year and I plan to get my monies worth. :) We met up with my friend Sarah and her two kids Sean and Gracie and also with Angi and her daughter Mia. We were enjoying our picnic until Lucas fell and skinned both his knees and then became so upset that he threw up (which as most of you know he has the weakest stomach EVER so this is very common). After a quick cleanup we were still able to walk around the zoo and had a really fun afternoon.


The kids loved trying on these really cool Asian hats at the zoo but my friend Sarah thought I should pay a fee just to take their picture in the hat. Really I think we should have been paid to show people how good those silly looking hats look on really cute kids. :)

1 comment:

SandGs Mom said...

say with accent: 3 hat pictures that is $15 ma'am. it was a fun trip to the zoo that day.