Friday, May 22, 2009

Schools Out for the Summer

What a fun and very busy week we have had with multiple picnics and many days spent with friends and family. Last week our friends Sarah, Sean & Gracie invited us to go swimming with them at the hotel they were staying at in downtown Salt Lake City. Both Lucas and Landon had such a good time that I can not wait to get them to the outdoor pool just up the street from our house. Lucas will be taking swimming lessons for his 3rd year and Landon and I will be signing up for Mommy & Me lessons as well.


Landon seems to be growing by leaps and bounds - accomplishing tasks much sooner than his older brother ever did - or so it seems. I think Landon sees Lucas running around doing things and is just so eager to keep up. The older Landon gets the more Lucas and him are able to play and interact together - as well as fight. I never realized that a 16 month old would be instigating almost 1/2 the fights. Who knew "Brotherly Love" started so young?

Along with the nice weather comes the longer days and evenings - spent playing with the kids in the yard. It is always a tough transition trying to get the yard up to par while entertaining the boys and still getting them to bed by 8 pm. Lucas is so confused as to why he has to go to bed when it is still "day time" outside.

This last week we were able to get a lot of yard work done and I also managed to make some extra money at my annual yard sale with my best friend Kristin. It was so nice to get the baby stuff and the half dozen bags of clothes out of the garage. You know me - I love to clean and organize stuff and go crazy with any extra clutter. I managed to get my tomato plants in the ground as well as red & green bell peppers, banana peppers and jalapeno peppers (for Steve of course). I have only grown tomatoes in the past so it will be interesting to see how I do with the peppers. Maybe next year I will have to expand my garden.
If for some reason you did not believe that we had a very busy week then just look at the master piece that Steve and I assembled. This is the shed that we have been wanting to get for some time now so that the boys would have their own "garage". Yep that is pretty much what it is - a place to store all their outdoor toys and gear. For the past couple of years our covered patio kept getting smaller and smaller until finally there was no room for our patio furniture. There is still a little work to be done around the shed but for now I am just enjoying having our patio back!! :)

No comments: