Sunday, December 12, 2010

Decorating the Tree & Christmas Caroling

Lucas was so excited to get our tree last weekend and even though I was feeling under the weather there was no putting it off. We went Friday evening to get the tree and after eating dinner I began to hang the lights - which even though I tested each strand before I put it on there was one strand that stopped working once it was on the tree so Steve ran to Rite-Aid to grab more lights.
The boys and I love unwrapping the ornaments and reminiscing about Christmas' past. We have the Tasmanian Devil that I got years before the kids came along and when Lucas was 3 he was so afraid of that ornament that he would not go anywhere near the spot where he was hung. Now he loves to tell that story to anyone who comes through our front door. ;)

Last Wednesday we met my fellow MOPS moms and all of their kids at a home for the elderly where we had arranged to sing carols. I was a little nervous because Lucas is not really big on singing and does not even like for me to sing (a little more understandable ;)). I told him how some of the people there may not have grand kids or great grand kids and so they were so looking forward to having us come and sing for them. In the end he did sing along and Landon eventually warmed up to the crowd. It felt so good to see the smiles on the faces of the residents and it was an experience that I truly treasured.

No comments: