Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Vacation

Lucas has been looking forward to Thanksgiving Vacation for quit some time now. He kept asking me how many days off he would have and so we figured with the two weekends he would have nine days total. I had found some leaves online that I printed off and he helped me write things he was thankful of on each leaf and then we colored them fall colors. One of the leaves said he was thankful for t.v. and movies which we managed to watch a couple of those last week that the boys selected from the library.
Landon wanted a vest like his brother had made at school so we made him one at home.
They love to pass the time playing cops and robbers which brings back so many memories of my own childhood. We also used to love playing cowboys and Indians.
We did get a pretty big storm that dropped 12" of snow in some parts of our yard. The boys enjoyed playing in the snow while Steve shoveled the walks and helped some neighbors shovel. I really wanted to grab a shovel and help as well but guess I better wait to get the go ahead from the doctor in a week or so. I did enjoy catching up with some neighbors and taking lots of pictures of my boys having fun in the snow.

Steve's sister Cathy and her daughter Madeline came into town on Sunday before Thanksgiving from Chicago for a visit. It was really nice for Lucas and Landon to get to spend some time with their cousin whom they had not seen for almost a year.
It was so fun to watch Madeline copy things that Landon was doing. We are so used to Landon mimicking his brother and so I think he really enjoyed being the leader for a change.
Lucas and Landon also got to make a trip to the dentist last week for a checkup. While waiting for the dentist to come in the boys both got to lay back on the chair and watch their movie that was playing on the ceiling. This lasted about 2 minutes before they were pushing each other and fighting.
On Monday, Nov 22 my good friend Sarah had her little baby girl - Isabel. I went to the hospital on Tuesday morning to visit Sarah and her new little one. She is so precious and I am so happy for the Armstrong family - now that is something to really be thankful for.

No comments: