Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Halloween

Thursday before Halloween Lucas had his Halloween Parade and Party at school. Grandma Janice and Aunt Tonia helped me get both of the boys ready in their costumes and then Aunt Tonia dropped Lucas off at school. Grandma, Aunt Tonia, Landon and I then headed back to the school 30 minutes later so that we could watch the school parade. I was sad because I was supposed to be helping with the Halloween Party for his class but was unable to do much of anything. I am just thankful to have had the help with the boys and thankful that I was able to attend the parade. Friday evening we brought the pumpkins in from outside so that we could transform them into jack-o-lanterns. At first Landon did not want anything to do with putting his hand in the pumpkin and getting all gooey but then we could not stop him from cleaning out the "guts" and seeds. He even decided on the face for his pumpkin and I just did the carving.Lucas was not hesitant at all about getting dirty and told us exactly what he wanted the eyes, nose and mouth to look like.Saturday morning Lucas had his last soccer game of the season and luckily Grandma Janice and Aunt Tonia were able to attend his game. We then headed home where, as for tradition, I started a big ol' pot of chili. We had Grandma Judy, Papa and Aunt Erin over for dinner as well. Then because the state of Utah decided to trick-or-treat on the 30th of October rather than the 31st; Grandma Janice and Aunt Tonia were able to be here for the festivities. Since it had been such a busy day I was not feeling real great but did manage to go to the first couple of houses with the boys before sending Aunt Tonia out in my place.

Around 7 pm the boys were done trick-or-treating and wanted to stay home and hand out candy. We had a couple of groups of kids after that but not a whole lot. The boys tried to stay up extra late but the sugar rush from all the candy wore off and they both wanted to go to bed. Barley must have been tired too because he decided to retire for the night with Landon.
Sunday morning we were all sad to see Grandma Janice and Aunt Tonia head back to Wyoming. I am forever thankful for all they did during their visit but I knew it wouldn't last forever and knew I had to be prepared to go it alone.
Luckily my friend Sarah set up a schedule for my friends to bring dinners to our house and so for the last two weeks we have had food deliveries every other night. I am so happy to announce that I am almost 3 weeks post surgery and I'm feeling great. My back gets a little sore by the end of the day but each day that gets a little better. I am still supposed to limit my driving, no lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk and no bending, lifting or twisting for another 3 weeks. I keep having dreams about running and can't wait to get back out there but promise to wait for the go ahead from the doctor. I want to thank all my family and friends who have been there for me through this whole thing. I love you all.

No comments: