Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving & More

Ok so I know I am a little obsessed with the wet wipes but I did not know how bad I was until Landon started using them on everything!! He has a little toy shopping cart that anytime he plays with it he has to go and get a wet wipe to put on the handle - just like his mom does at the stores. I don't know how any of us could ever get a virus or pick up germs; with as many wet wipes as we use throughout the day and with all the hand sanitizer (I recently bought a bottle just to keep in the truck) and washing our hands with soap and water. Then again Landon will occasionally be cleaning some filthy surface like the bottom of his shoes and then turn around and use the same wet wipe to wash his face and hands. ;)'

We recently had some friends of ours over who have a 7 month old girl named Danee who Landon enjoyed bullying. He is used to being the littlest one out of my group of friends with kids and also has his older brother to learn from. Landon initially shared his toys with Danee but would then all of a sudden just yank it out of her hand. At one point when she was sitting up playing he walked behind her and sort of kneed her in the back. I don't think he was trying to hurt her - just reminding her who was in charge. By the end of the night I found myself hoping that my kid does not end up being the class bully. Somehow the little kids fell asleep on the coach like this but when Danee woke up and saw Landon she started crying. I can't blame her! ;)

Lucas just sort of kept his distance.....


Thanksgiving Morning
At one point before Thanksgiving I thought about buying the boys each a nice outfit for Thanksgiving Day and then decided against it. Good thing I did because Lucas ended up wearing his Captain America costume for most of the day including turkey dinner at Grandma and Papa's.Landon on the other hand ran around the house half of the night without his shirt on. Had I bought those fancy outfits, I might have been a little bugged....


Lucas and Landon sure enjoyed having Brandon and Sammi at Grandma and Papa's house for Thanksgiving this year. She was especially cute with Landon and quickly assumed the role of taking care of him which he loved the extra attention.


Uncle Chris loves to goof around....
As soon as Lucas woke up on Friday morning he wanted to play with Sam. We had her, Aunt Erin and Brandon over at lunch and spent the afternoon playing. That night we met them up at Gorgoza Park for some nighttime tubing. At first I was a little hesitant to go tubing at night but found it to be really enjoyable. The well lit hill featured a lift that pulled you up on your tube so there was no hiking involved.
Lucas enjoyed the ride up the hill on the tube but as soon as we started going down the hill he got this terrified look on his face and started crying. Needless to say he only went the one time and spent the rest of the evening playing and tubing on the small hill. At first I thought we were just going to have to head home but he loved the kiddie hill and enjoyed being pulled around on the tube. They told us Landon was too small to go tubing so when his brother did not want to go anymore we decided to take Landon down instead. We think he enjoyed it but the expression on his face never changed and he never made a peep. It didn't matter how many of us went down with him, how loud we screamed or how fast we were going - his expression remained the same. He ended up going down the hill a handful of times.



No comments: