Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall is in the Air

As soon as the first leaves started to fall off the trees the boys were so excited to get outside to play in them. We first tried to tell them that there were not enough leaves to jump in but that did not stop them from raking up a little pile and entertaining themselves for the afternoon. Even once we had large piles to jump in the thought of me or Steve going for a dive was absurd....we may break a bone or throw our backs out of place or something. I know that to Lucas and Landon the piles seem like mountains - at times I have to remind my self how big things seemed when we were that small. Needless to say we felt sort of guilty when we finally raked up all the leaves and bagged them but just as I forgot how big things may seem to kids; I also forgot how many more leaves were yet to fall......Landon is turning into quit the little chatter box already. He loves hanging out and playing with his friend Gracie. As soon as we drop Lucas off at preschool he starts calling out Gracie's name. If we head straight home he starts crying "Bye-bye Seesee". She is about 6 months older than him and when combined they can cause a lot of mischief. A couple of weeks ago while hanging out at Gracie's house they both got into the lotion while I was gone and then when I got back they got into the hand soap which they had all over the bathroom floor, their clothes and Landon's hair. Last week while hanging out at our house they got into Sarah's purse and got a hold of her lipstick that she loves because it lasts all day....well it lasted all day all over both of their faces. The two looked like they had birth marks all over their faces. :) They eat together. They play together.


They sleep together.

The last couple of weeks have also been busy with soccer practice and games. Lucas had his last soccer game of the season on Halloween day when he scored 2 goals. I am not sure what it was about that particular game but Lucas played the entire game with a drive and determination that I had not seen in him before. It was so much fun to watch and all of his teammates were so excited for him. We learned we may not have the same coach come the spring season because his son is getting bumped up to an older league and so Steve and I may be the new coaches. I will keep you informed..... Since last week Lucas only wants me to shop at the Smith's by our house from now on because they have the cute little carts that he can push. Of course I know that I will not be taking Landon there anytime soon as he is too little to control the carts and I don't see that as being very productive. Lucas was pretty cute pushing the cart around, putting the groceries in the basket and then scanning the items in the self check-out lane. He was so proud of himself and had the biggest smile on his face the whole time. Just a little something I have been wanting to write down so I remember it...when Lucas gets home from school he has been practicing writing his letters and writing his name. Well last week when I was on the phone with my friend Sarah he said he wanted to talk and so he told her he was writing his whole name all by his self. I heard her say "I am so proud of you Lucas" to which he replied "I know I am so proud of myself." Priceless.
Mug Shots - sometimes the boys ask me to take their picture......


and other times I can't get them to hold still long enough to get one shot.

These pictures were taken at Gardner Village where every year in October they have about 20 witches placed throughout the grounds. Each year we choose our favorite witch and the one in the boat was the winner this year.

OK - one more thing I have been wanting to write down. A couple of weeks ago when we were outside playing and an airplane flew over our house Lucas said "I don't really like flying in airplanes, jets or helicopters..........I only like flying kites."

No comments: