Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vedauwoo and Laramie Enduro

Saturday we were up and about early so we could head to Vedauwoo for a picnic and some hiking around before we had to meet up with Steve.  As a kid growing up in Laramie, Wyoming I remember going to Vedauwoo for picnics and climbing around on the rocks and then in high school I began camping there with friends and attended many large "gatherings", as I will now call them.  It is an amazing place that is like no other and I love all the memories I have from there and look forward to making many more in the years to come.  
This year the boys and I were joined by my brother Robert, my little sister Tonia, my niece Kathy and her boyfriend Brian and my sisters grandson AJ.  I am always so thankful for the family members that are able to make it to Steve's race every year, it really means a lot to us both. 
Lucas and Landon love going to Vedauwoo almost as much as I do; which is so awesome!!  One of these years I will take our camping gear with us and that is where we will stay and maybe Aunt Tonia will let us come shower a time or two at her house.  :) 


Steve finished the Laramie Enduro bike race for the ninth year in a row!! And yet again I did not get a picture of him finishing the race. The whole time we are always like "is that him, no that's not him that's a girl" or "no that guys has the wrong color jersey" or "his bike is the wrong color."  One of these days I will get the ultimate picture.  I guess I could just take a picture of everyone who finishes around his projected time and then just delete the ones that are not him.....hmmm  

A long day for some very tired boys!! 

No comments: