Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo

We stayed in Cheyenne with my sister Tonia and her husband Kent for almost a week.  I thought for sure she would never want to speak to me again but so far she still calls me. ;) We had plenty of activities scheduled so the time actually went by fairly quick.   
We spent one morning shopping at the booths at Cheyenne Frontier Days before then taking in the "Grand Daddy of 'Em All" Rodeo. 

Our favorite events were the bronc  riders and the bull riders.


During the steer wrestling one of the horses collapsed and started convulsing.  It was so sad to see such a big, beautiful animal fall to the ground for no apparent reason, it brought Tonia and I both to tears.  We later learned in the paper that the horse had previous heart problems and died almost instantly. 





When I bought the tickets, the saleslady told me we would be in the shade during most of the rodeo.  Other then when we took a break in the shade under the stands to refill our water; we were in the sun the whole time and by the time they turned on the misters, we were already sweating and the rodeo was almost over.  In spite of the heat and the horse collapsing, it was very exciting and entertaining for us all. 

No comments: