Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 3 - San Diego, California - Vacation Legoland

Each day we received breakfast coupons for the restaurant at the hotel where we were able to order just about any breakfast item we wanted. Steve tended to order omelets, Lucas had bacon, sausage, potatoes and bagels, I liked the oatmeal and various fruits and Landon enjoyed the waffles or cold cereal. We were never hungry when we walked away. Monday we arrived at Legoland around 10 am when they opened. Our first ride was a small rollarcoaster that we stood in line for an hour to ride. It was a short ride and not worth the hour long wait which made me wonder what we were in store for.......
All four of us enjoyed walking around just looking at all the huge Lego exhibits. Unfortunately a lot of the rides we wanted to go on had a waiting time of 45 -90 minutes!! Then the rides that we were willing to wait a while for, Landon was an inch too short to ride. ARRGGHHH!!!!
Ok, so we did manage to ride quit a few smaller rides that only had 15 - 30 minutes of waiting but to me that was still too long. There was not a whole lot for the boys to do during that waiting period.
I tried not to complain too much in front of the boys regarding the lines because I wanted them to enjoy themselves. It was just hard to tell them that the rides they wanted to go on we had to wait an hour and a half for or that Landon was too small to go.
Of the rides we did decide to wait for, the boys really enjoyed the helicopters, the boats and the power towers. It was just a little disappointing to think that Legoland was the main reason for our visit to the San Diego area and was so far our least favorite attraction. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about their visit to Legoland and I wonder if we just happened to pick a busy time, it being spring break and all.
Little things like this made us smile......
Lucas could not stop talking about all the Lego characters he saw on the restroom signs.
Very cool and definitely a high point of our visit.
In the end I am still glad we experienced it for ourselves but when offered to exchange my current family for this Lego family......
or this Lego family.....
we decided to stick with our current family of Mom, Dad, Lucas and Landon.
Of course we swam at the pool every night we were there but the last three nights I also made everybody go with me to the ocean to watch the sunset. Only on the last night did I get protests from the boys and I just bribed them with a game of ping pong at the hotel when we got back.
Future Photographers.

No comments: