Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thankful for Time with Family

We were fortunate enough to spend Thanksgiving in Wyoming with my family this year. Since my mom had recently moved into her new apartment, we decided to stay in the hotel that my niece Jenika and her boyfriend Sharjeel manage. The boys were so excited to be able to go swimming over the holiday that they did not complain a bit.
Thursday we had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner that my sister Terri and her husband Paul prepared. My brother Robert and his wife Shelly came into town Wednesday night and so we were able to spend some time with them as well. Lucas and Landon were more than happy to celebrate Christmas a little early with my family.
Lucas and Landon got to spend a lot of time with my great nephew Braeden and great niece McKayla. I was so happy that they all got along wonderfully.
Thursday evening my sister Terri came to our hotel and some of us adults were able to play a fun game of Curses while the kids danced in the conference room and played a mean game of War. My sister Tonia came into town on Friday with her grandson A.J. and stayed in the adjoining room next to ours. My fun little niece Kathy was able to spend the night in Laramie on Friday as well and we all stayed up way too late swimming, eating and just hanging out. Saturday my nephew Kent came over from Cheyenne to visit and Lucas, Landon, Steve and Braeden had fun playing football with him outside in the freezing cold; while us ladies stayed inside getting manicures from Kathy.Landon loves Grandma Janice's dog Taby, or any dog for that matter. He also had fun playing with Uncle Bert's dog Kota and Aunt Tona's dog Barley. This mom thinks this little boy needs a dog of his own. ;)
Saturday night we went swimming again and had grandma, Aunt Terri and Aunt Tina over to the hotel to watch all the kids swim and to eat and be merry a little bit more. We had such a fantastic visit and are so thankful for all that my niece Jenika and Sharjeel provided for us. We hope to repay them when they come for a visit to Utah.
Landon was well prepared with drinks for the ride home and Lucas.......well not sure what he was eating, but something with cheese.

No comments: