Friday, November 11, 2011

It's My Party.....and I'll......

Last weekend my friend Sarah threw me a party for my 36th birthday. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a birthday party! She made yummy chicken spaghetti, my favorite hot sausage dip, a veggie tray with delish onion dip and my new favorite fat-free pumpkin spice dip that we dipped graham crackers and Nilla Wafers in but would also be yummy with fruit.
Matt made one of his famous adult beverages with hand squeezed grapes and lots of other secret ingredients that made lots of us adults sort of silly. Sarah even brought decorations in my favorite colors! Her and Matt went all out for the occasion and we all had a fantastic time.
The kids enjoyed mac'n cheese and hot dogs and all the pop they could drink. (Caffeine free of course.)
Isabel loved the black olives and really enjoyed smashing the mac'n cheese all over her belly.
To top off the party, Sarah also made me my favorite chocolate chip cookie cake. It was so good and luckily there was left overs for me to enjoy the next day as well.
Jessenia and Chad with Isabel.
The kids all had fun setting up a haunted house in Lucas' room with scary music and all. They had each adult enter alone at one point throughout the night.
Of all the people we had in the house that night the only person to break anything was me, when I dropped a shot glass. Luckily, as most of us know, Steve loves to sweep and he does such a great job at it.
The fun did not end when we all went to bed because the Armstrongs had their first sleepover at our house. Luckily it was planned so they were well prepared with jammies, pillows and even the portable playpen for Isabel. I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends who care about me and my family and am so thankful that all the kids and even the dads get along so well. Thanks to all who helped me celebrate. You mean the world to me.

1 comment: