Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day - 2011

It's official, Santa came to visit the McCormack boys!! More presents under the tree, the stockings are stuffed and the cookies and milk are gone!! Just in case there was any question at all, the boys checked to make sure the reindeer ate the carrots we left them. As much as I hoped for a white Christmas, there was no snow so we couldn't look for any tracks. We did find a note from Santa and a couple of lil' bitty cards from Dobby. I was happy to see the boys were more excited about the toothbrushes in their stockings than the candy.
As you can sort of tell in the picture below, it was still dark outside when the boys started unwrapping gifts.....and the unwrapping doesn't even start until mom and dad each have a camera in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.Such a funny picture that I could not resist........typical??
I love to see the joy and excitement on their faces as they unwrap their gifts. This to me is what Christmas is all about.
Christmas can mean so many different things to so many different people. At Christmas I am just so blessed to be able to be around friends and family that I love and care so much about. I know the true meaning of Christmas and one day so will my boys. I know I also go overboard in the gift department but I just can't help myself. I grew up in a single parent household with 4 other siblings and a mom who worked her butt off just to get food on the table and a roof over our head. Now that I am a mom I am so grateful to be able to fulfill my boys Christmas wish lists.
Speaking of spending time with family, before eating Christmas dinner with the family on Sunday, Papa Joe took Lucas and Landon into their backyard to shoot an air soft gun. At least I know for sure my boys will know how to shoot a gun safely. I think Papa has been waiting for this day for a long time and now will be counting down til the day he takes the boys to the shooting range.
We all had a wonderful Holiday Season and the boys are still enjoying playing with all their new toys. The last week they have just wanted to stay at home everyday and play with their toys. Lucas did finally agree to go have a special day with Grandma Judy and go to a friends house for a playdate. We also went to see the new Chipmunks movie with the Armstrong's. I am sort of sad to see the kids go back to school next week but also look forward to some much needed "me" time.
Until next year, we wish you all a very safe and wonderful New Year.

1 comment:

SandGs Mom said...

you?, overboard?, on gifts?? No way. Those kids need more stuff. i'm glad we got to see you guys so much this holiday season. It is so great to have such good friends to share all the merriness of the season with. We Armstrong's are grateful for that!