Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pre Halloween Fun

Last week, as per tradition, we painted some of our pumpkins. Lately Lucas has been very into doing things that are tradition and even if we have only done something once, he may just decide to make it a tradition. I actually like that he is old enough now to help decide what we do. As many of you already know, he is the "boss" in this house. ;)
Luckily they are both boys because more projects than not end up with them taking off their shirts. As the main person who does the laundry, I am all about them not ruining their clothes with paint and stains.
??????? No words to describe this outfit
Last Thursday Lucas had his Halloween parade and party at school. I had to leave the house early to help set up for his party so I was not at home to help him get all the pieces to his costume on. Oh well, most of the boys at least knew that he was dressed as Bat Man.
I was in charge of coming up with games for the kids in his class to play. I made a couple of bowls of spaghetti noodles, added some Halloween bouncy balls, blindfolded the kids and told them to stick their hands in the bowl of brains to retrieve the eyeballs. There was only one kid who did not want to participate, even after he knew what was really in the bowls. Next we made large spider webs by playing catch with a ball of yarn. All in all the kids had a great time and enjoyed the prizes I handed out for being such good sports.
Thursday after school Lucas had his little friend Anders over to play. The weather was nice enough that I sent them outside to get some of their wiggles out. I am glad that Lucas is so outgoing and continues to make new friends as well as keeping his old ones. He is definitely a social butterfly.Friday Lucas did not have school so after meeting some of the ladies from my coffee club at Chic-fil-a, we went and picked up grandma Judy and headed to Gardner Village. We try to go every year in October to see their wonderful witch exhibits.
We knew Steve would love the one on the bike so we had to get her in the pictures. We shopped at a couple of the stores, including my favorite, Pine Needles, a great fabric store. I just can't seem to help myself once I'm there.
Despite the massive crowds, we really enjoyed just walking around looking at all the witches. I think at last count, the boys saw 30 something witches. We then went to lunch with grandma before heading back to her house to hang out. She feels bad because she hardly sees Lucas now that he is in school all day.
Friday I stopped at the store and picked up some dry ice so that we could make some witches brew. The boys were so fascinated with the steam and bubbling from the ice, and spent a good hour mixing our brew.
We had so much fun with the witches brew Friday night that we decided to make a second batch on Saturday night when our friend Sean was over. He too loved the dry ice and kept asking me how I learned to make witches brew. I think for a moment he thought I was pretty cool.
Sunday morning Lucas, Landon and Sean woke up and fixed their own breakfast before heading downstairs to watch t.v. Steve had shut my door when he left for biking and with the fan we had going, I did not even hear the boys get up.
Sunday was a beautiful day and the boys spent the afternoon playing in the dirt in the backyard before heading out to the front yard with Steve to play football.Even Power Rangers like to play football.

No comments: