Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Landon Goes to Preschool

Landon was a little hesitant about starting preschool last month. He kept asking me if I was going to stay with him while he was in school. :( He was so excited to go shopping for new school clothes, shoes and especially his new big boy back pack but I don't think he really realized that going to school did not include mom.
When I dropped him off he started to cry as I walked him to the front door and then I went home and carried my phone around for the next couple of hours waiting for his teacher to call me to tell me to come and get him. Fortunately that never happened but he was very excited to see me. His teacher said he did not cry very long and started to warm up to everyone after the first hour or so. Whew. Now when I drop him off at school I look forward to going running and getting a shower with no interruptions.
After his first day at school Landon and I went on a special date for pizza and he told me all about how nice his teacher Ms. Nicole was. He was not too thrilled about going to school the following Monday and told me that if I left him there he was not going to talk, which he does occasionally and it drives me nuts. Luckily when I picked him up Monday he said he did talk to Ms. Nicole. Occasionally he still has a bad day and cries at school but for the most part he is adjusting well and so am I. He has not cried when I drop him off since the first day of school but towards the end of class he says he cries cause he misses me. I miss him too as well as Lucas but I have learned that no matter how much I wish against it, they keep getting older.
Lucas once again started his fall soccer season and has so far enjoyed five soccer games and multiple practices with excellent weather. I was asked to coach again this season and fortunately for me they found enough volunteers and Lucas ended up with an exceptional coach and team. He likes to brag that they are still undefeated, even though they officially don't keep score for his age division.
Landon tends to get a little restless at the games on Saturday and so I think I will look in to getting him into Karate or something this winter so that he will have his own "thing". Lucas wants to play basketball so we will see how that pans out. I don't mind as long as he is not playing two sports at the same time, then it just becomes too much for......me. (haha and him as well.)
Last month Landon also learned to ride his bike without any training wheels!! Steve had taken them off to put the chain back on Landon's bike and he said he did not want training wheels anymore. Steve started pushing him in the grass on his bike then let go and Landon just kept on riding. It was amazing. The next day he was riding on the sidewalk. Then the next day he was riding around the block but still needed a little push to get going. The next day he did not need help getting going but would only go in a straight line. Then the next day he was going around the corner without stopping. The day after that we rode our bikes all the way to Quail Hollow to pick up Lucas and he didn't need any help at all!
Look at him go!!!

No comments: