Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall is in the Air

One day while shopping for a birthday gift for a friend, Lucas found a wrestling figurine he had been wanting for quit some time. He started to cry and throw a fit because we would not buy it for him. I told him maybe he could do some chores around the house to earn his own money so he could purchase the toy. He then said he did not want to go the birthday party because he wanted to go home and get to 'work'. Well he did go to the birthday party and the next day he started pulling weeds. It took Lucas and Landon a couple of days but they finally got all the weeds in front of the bay window pulled and I gave them each $10 to spend as they pleased.
Lucas loves playing soccer with his new team this fall and we love watching him continue to improve. He wants to sign up to play basketball this winter but I think I may try to get him and Landon into karate instead, at least for now. I do want the boys to try different sports and then ultimately chose their favorite sport because I do not want them in multiple sports during the same time. I enjoy spending some time at home. :)
Lucas had 'Wild Hair Day' at school and while I thought his hair was pretty wild, I was surprised to see that his hair was pretty tame compared to some of the other students. Luckily he had not gotten the haircut that he keeps begging for yet.
Not to be outdone, Landon 'Hams' it up for the camera.
We got a package in the mail from Aunt Tonia and the boys spent at least an hour popping the bubble wrap.
Last week we got our first snow of the season and Landon could not wait to go outside and play. Although I was ready for cooler temperatures, I was not too thrilled to go from upper 80's to snow. I did manage to go outside with him long enough to throw a couple of snowballs and build a baby snowman. Plus by then his fingers were numb and he was ready to go inside. By evening it had warmed up enough to melt most of our snowman and the boys were determined to play soccer outside. Every evening after dinner Lucas and Landon can't wait to get outside and play football and soccer with dad. I love to watch how the boys play together as a team and beat the snot out of their dad. ;)

No comments: