Monday, July 20, 2009

Independence Day

I started the day early by running in the Sandy City 4th of July 5k with my friend Sarah (pictured below), my friend Kristin, and two of her kids Billy and Gracie. I have run this race for the past four years and usually push the jogger or stroller but this year I ran solo and was able to finish in 31 minutes. After the race Sarah and I treated ourselves by spending a little bit of time and a whole lot of money at our local Target. After a quick shower it was back to the Sandy City 4th of July celebration where we met up with our friends Sarah, Gracie and Sean who were all decked out in patriotic attire. We also got to see Kristin, Gracie, Colton and Billy. Lucas and Landon decided to get tattoos as their special treat and then Lucas did a couple of crafts, played some games and bounced around on some of the air slide thingies.
To cool off from the hot summer heat we headed down the street to Classic Fun Center to splash around in the pool where we yet again met Sarah and her family. I thought the pool would be a madhouse but it was actually pretty dead for being a holiday weekend. Lucas enjoyed his favorite frog slide and Landon loved going down the big slides with mommy and daddy.
After a much needed nap we once again headed to the Sandy City 4th of July celebration with a picnic dinner in tow. And you guessed it.....we once again met up with our friends Kristin & her family and Sarah & her family. The kids loved collecting candy and dancing around in the streets.

Earlier in the day while Sarah and I were shopping at Target getting patriotic attire for remaining family members we decided to play a little trick on our husbands by getting them the same red, white and blue shirt. When the guys first stood by each other in their shirts at the parade I could barely control my laughter. Matt mentioned something about Sean and Landon having matching shirts and at that time Steve asked Matt if they happened to be wearing the same shirt. At first they did not really see the humor in our little practical joke but as the night wore on they began to lighten up. In the meantime Sarah and I are watching our backs and waiting for some type of payback. All I can say is...bring it on. :)


No comments: