Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Woods Landing Fire

 The boys and I took a drive one morning to another place I used to frequent as a child growing up in Laramie, Wyoming.  Woods Landing was the destination which had been a blaze just a few weeks before.  I was happy to see the country store was unharmed even though these trees directly across the street did not fare so well.



 One of the times I stopped to take pictures, a lady passing by stopped to see if we were ok.  I told her we were and that we were just looking around.  She happened to live on the land I was photographing and recounted her tale from the day of the fire.  She said there was a perfect line around her home where the fire fighters had sprayed water and everything outside that was burnt.  I was amazed by this woman who had been through so much and yet her spirits were so high. 
 It was good for Lucas and Landon to see first hand what could happen from just one little mishap.

No comments: