Monday, April 25, 2011

One Busy Weekend

Last weekend was such a whirlwind I am not quit sure how I managed to fit everything in....well everything that is except a birthday party that I had written down the wrong time for. It started Friday afternoon when the boys joined me in helping set up for my MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) rummage sale. They were so content to just hang out and even helped set up the toys that I let them each pick out a toy from the sale. After our volunteer shift was over we hurried downtown to the Salt Lake Expo Center where I had to pick up my bib number for a bike ride I was participating in the next day. We then met the Armstrong family at Squatters Pub for dinner before then heading over to the Energy Solutions Arena for a little indoor football. We met up with the Williamson family at the game where we enjoyed cheering on the BLAZE for a while before leaving early so we could get home and hit the sack.
My Saturday started around 4:30 a.m. when I had to get out of bed and out the door in order to make it to Sarah's house and on to the starting line for our 6:00 a.m. bike tour. This was our second year riding the Armstrong's antique tandem bike the 26 miles of the Salt Lake City Marathon course. One day I may be crazy enough to try running the 26 miles instead but until then I am content to sit behind Sarah and let her do all the pedaling. ;) JK!!!After finishing the ride in 1 hr. 40 min. Matt picked us up and took me back to the truck where I was then off to catch Lucas's soccer game. I was so glad I did not have to miss his game especially since he again scored a goal and we were joined at his game by Grandma Judy, Angi, Mia & Deja Williamson and Sarah, Sean, Gracie & Isabel Armstong. Lucas felt like such a stud to have so many loved ones cheering him on from the sidelines. Once the game was over we headed to Chic-Fil-A to grab some early lunch and let the kids play. When we got home I realized that we were late for our little friend Danee's birthday party because I had written down the wrong time. Instead the boys did yard work while I did stuff around the house.
Sunday morning I got up early to meet the Armstrong family at their church where baby Isabel was being dedicated.
After church Steve and the boys met up with us and we went to brunch at Blue Plate Diner. The kids got to play around outside while we waited for a table. The yummy food was definitely worth the wait.
After brunch we headed for home where the boys had a little time to play before it was time to get all gussied up and head to our friend Mia's 5th Birthday Party. Most of the kids got to ride in a limo to the Grand America Hotel in downtown Salt Lake.
Luckily it was nice outside so the kids got to run around and play in the courtyard. There were numerous fountains and yes Landon and Lucas decided to walk through a shallow one just as I was not looking.
After leaving the party we went and bought the boys new shoes and then it was finally time to head home to unwind. Luckily Lucas was about to start Spring Break so he had plenty of time to relax at home.

1 comment:

SandGs Mom said...

he will kill you for that picture one day...the one in his undies. :) Cute cute. so glad we spent so much of that weekend with you.