Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wyoming Summer Trip- 2010

This year Lucas, Landon and I left for our Wyoming trip on July 17th. This was the first time since Lucas was born that I dared to brave the trip alone with the boys. Before the trip Lucas got a Nintendo DS handheld gaming system to keep him busy on the 6 hour drive and Landon brought lots of movies to occupy his time. We spent the first 6 days at Grandma Janice & Taby's place. We got to spend a lot of quality play time with some of our great cousins - Bradon, McKayla, Richie & Stacy. We also got to visit with Aunt Terri, cousin Jenika, and Aunt Tina.We spent an entire day at Washington Park with Bradon & McKayla swimming and just playing around. On Tuesday, Aug.20th we took Grandma Janice to Ft. Collins, CO for a doctors visit. While there we had lunch with my high school friend Karolyn and her kids and then we went shopping. My mom will forever remember this day as the day I took her to Ft. Collins to the Dr. without any directions and then decided to take a different route home so as to avoid the traffic.......Fortunately we found Hwy 287 but not before we realized that we still needed to make it back to Laramie before we ran out of gas. ;) One of the days while in Laramie I took the boys to The Boardwalk, Inc. where I worked right after high school. Lucas and I had been disagreeing on what a deer and an antelope look like and this was the perfect place to do a side by side comparison. When I worked here over 10 years ago I worked in the 'Indian Room' where we sold Indian jewelry, pottery and many other Indian artifacts. The stuffed animals were a part of my everyday life but my boys sure acted like this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Throughout the rest of our vacation Lucas kept asking if we could go back to the store that had all the animals.We also spent one afternoon in Downtown Laramie where the boys enjoyed going on the foot bridge that goes over the train tracks and visiting the Chocolate Cellar where they each got to choose their favorite treat.The three of us headed to Cheyenne on July 23rd so that we could spend time with Aunt Tonia, Uncle Kent, Shaunelle, Kathy, Destin and baby A.J..Saturday we woke up early and went to the Cheyenne Frontier Days Parade and then went shopping at the mall. Sunday after church and after I went running; Uncle Robert and Aunt Shelly joined us from Nebraska so we could all go spend the day at Cheyenne Frontier Park.

Lucas and I rode the spinning dragons and after that I was done with the rides until maybe next year. Usually I can talk cousin Kathy into going on the rides but this year she was content to watch from behind the gate. I remember the days when there wasn't a ride I didn't like, now I can't think of one I do like.
Lucas loved driving the cars and motorcycles and even though Landon was still too short for the rides we managed to talk the carnie guys into letting him on. For some reason Landon kept resting his head in his hand and we were not sure if he was just trying to look cool or if he got embarrassed because we were all watching him and calling his name each time he went by - either way it was pretty cute.

No comments: