Thursday, August 12, 2010

Swimming Lessons

We were all so excited for the boys to start swimming lessons this summer. This year we waited until mid July to sign them up because in previous years we had signed up in June and at 10:30 in the morning it was still pretty chilly outside. Looking back I was surprised to see that I actually had pictures of Landon with his swimming instructor because he only lasted a total of 5 minutes......if that. When I first signed Landon up for swimming lessons I thought he might still be a bit young to go out there on his own and debated whether or not to do the mommy and me class with him. I guess I chose wrong. The first couple of days I took Landon over to his instructor and said mommy will be over here watching you but he would just scream and jump out of the pool. Finally one day I said I will see you after your lessons and started to walk out the gate and he again jumped out of the pool and chased me down......... Needless to say I gave up for this year and let him hang out with mommy. Of course he was the first one in the pool when swim lessons were over and the pool opened up for the public. I will blame his stubbornness on him being 2 and hope that next year he will be willing to leave my side. For now things have to be on his terms and on his schedule........

Lucas, on the other hand........loved swimming lessons.

He was so outgoing during his swim classes and each morning tried his hardest to pump his little brother up; saying things like "Landon you should stay with your class during swimming lessons today so that you can learn to swim under water like me." and "Landon you should listen to your teacher so you can get a treat." So cute he was (and still is of course).On the last day of swimming lessons Lucas got to jump off the diving board and he absolutely LOVED it!! He had done this in the previous years as well but he always had on a life jacket. This year his swimming instructor had him jump in and resurface before she gave him a boost to get to the side of the pool.

No comments: