Saturday, October 17, 2009

One Fall Day

A couple of weeks ago we took a drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon to see the changing of the leaves and ended up seeing more white than red, orange or yellow. That's right SNOW!!! I am not a big fan of the snow and cold but maybe that is because I really don't have a winter sport I thoroughly enjoy. I still try to get out and run as often as I can in the winter but sometimes that can be a bit treacherous with the snow and ice. Before we had the boys Steve and I started getting into snow shoeing and each year I say I will get back out there and do it.....so maybe this year. I would also like for Lucas to try skiing since we have some of the best ski resorts right in our back yard. I never learned how to ski so maybe we could learn together and I could grow to appreciate winter a little bit more.
Anyways...when we told Lucas we were going for a drive up the canyon he immediately suggested we take his fishing pole so he could do some fishing. Even though the creek was running pretty low and mom and dad were pretty sure we wouldn't be catching much of anything (not to mention the rocks and snowballs thrown into the water to scare the fish away) Lucas still went out there and gave it his all.

No comments: