Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back to School


Last Wednesday Lucas was elated to start back to preschool. This school year he is in the 4 year old pre-k class which has bumped him up to three days a week rather than the two days he attended last year. All summer long whenever we would pass by his school he would ask when he got to go back to school and would be the first to tell you how much he missed school and his teachers. I hope he continues to have such a positive attitude about school because he still has a long way to go....thankfully. He was also pretty excited to get to wear his new light up Sketcher shoes that have been sitting in the box for the last month just waiting for this special day. After his first day of school Sarah Armstrong and I walked to pick up our boys and then walked to the local pet store to window shop and then on to eat at a Chinese restaurant which was not a great success with my boys. Talk about picky little eaters.


Now that Lucas is back in preschool I am able to spend some much needed alone time with Landon. It is nice to slow things down for him and play with some of his age appropriate toys for once. He plays so well with Lucas that sometimes I tend to forget that they are actually 3 years apart and he is not nearly at the same level as his older brother. He, of course, just loves having my complete attention.


Last weekend I went with eight friends down to Vegas for the weekend to have a much needed vacation without kids. It was my first time leaving both boys for more than one night and it really made me appreciate them and my husband a lot more. I was so worried about them even though I knew they would have a great time with daddy and he had a pretty busy agenda for them all weekend. To avoid having a huge meltdown I told Lucas I would bring him a souvenir from Vegas and so he requested a new Power Ranger. He has played with nothing else all week so I figure it was money well spent.

Last Friday Steve took the boys and met up with Matt Armstrong and his two little ones at the zoo so they could see the new baby elephant. I loved sitting in the other room listening to Steve talk to Matt about getting the kids together for a play date at the zoo. Priceless. Friday evening Lucas had soccer practice and then they joined some friends for a barbecue. Saturday started early for them because Lucas had soccer pictures first thing and then a game. That evening Steve and his sister Erin took the boys to the REAL SLC Soccer game. Come Saturday evening I was ready to be back home with my family and know that they were missing their mommy as well. Needless to say I have not left their site all week - I just can't get enough of them. ;)

No comments: