Saturday, April 11, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

So here it is....my very first blog. Both of the boys are upstairs sleeping and waiting for the Easter Bunny to visit and I finally took some time to try and figure out how to set up my blog. After reading my friend Sarah's blog I began to feel a little inadequate as a mother - I mean I have been meaning to write down the cute and sometimes obscene things my boys come up with along with when they said them - I just haven't got around to doing so yet. This is something I wish I would have started doing 4 years ago when Lucas was first born but as Sarah said 'It is never too late to start.' We had a very busy day today starting with my 7 mile run with my friends Twiggy and Kristin and then it was off to Grandma Judy's house to pick up Lucas where he had had a sleep over and then back home so we could dye Easter Eggs. For the first time ever Lucas really enjoyed dropping the eggs in the dye and watching the colors emerge - we really had a great time and will hopefully wash all the dye off our hands over the next couple of weeks. After spilling only one cup of blue dye I would have to say our eggs turned out pretty cool.
We ended the day with a barbeque and drinks at our friends Matt & Jeans house. We made it home with plenty of time for Lucas to put some carrots on a plate on the front porch for the Easter Bunny and for me to play on the computer. I can't wait for tomorrow morning to see what the Easter Bunny has left for the boys.

2 comments:

Life As A Melchior said...

So cute...love it, love; you guys! :)

Erin said...

Cool idea.