Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Super Mother's Day!!

The first time I saw the Mother's Day Hallmark Cards displayed at the store this year, I began to cry.  It really hit home that I no longer have my mom around and the closer the day got it seems like the harder it got. 
When the day finally arrived, I was roused from my slumber with a delicious homemade breakfast from Steve, Lucas and Landon.  I told them I wanted us all to go shopping for flowers and plants for the garden.  When the boys were not helping me with planting, they were busy helping Steve move rocks in another part of the yard.  I loved that we all spent the day together and think this may be a new Mother's Day tradition, especially since it was my mom who started this garden for me over 7 years ago.


For dinner we went to Grandma Judy and Papa Joe's house where Uncle Chris barbecued and we spent time with the family and one of Aunt Erin's friends, Colleen, who was visiting from out of town. 

A classic game of Red Light - Green Light.

During the day I had my ups and downs but in the end was just so thankful to be a mom myself.  I have two wonderful little boys that I adore more than anything and who fill my life with joy.  I know how fragile life is and I want to try and enjoy the time I have with them while they are still young and willing to spend time with me.  I continue to miss my mom dearly no matter what day it is.  I try to gain comfort in knowing that she is out there watching over me and my family and know that she would be proud of the mom I have become. 

No comments: