Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 3 - San Diego, California - USS Midway

The boys were not very excited about going on the USS Midway, but Steve and I were.  We spent a little over 3 hours walking around touring the carrier and viewing all the aircraft.  I could have spent a couple more hours there.  My favorite part was being down in the bowels of the ship and seeing first hand where the crew ate and slept while serving our country aboard the USS Midway.  

 Steve really enjoyed checking out the aircraft and the missiles.
 









After spending the morning on the ship we then ate lunch along the pier.  We also caved in and took a guided tour on a cycle rickshaw from the ever persistent driver.  At first I felt bad for this guy pedaling the four of us around but soon just sat back and enjoyed the ride.  






 There he is, such a friendly guy he was and so very proud of his home city of San Diego.
Of course once I realized there was a lighthouse not far away I insisted upon a closer look.  It was about a 15 minute drive from downtown and I was glad I insisted.  This is the Point Loma Light Station located near the Cabrillo National Monument.



 
Of course there was time after dinner for more swimming and a little night walk on the beach.  My favorite!!
 

No comments: