Monday, July 18, 2011

Staying Active

This was my first year riding the Little Red Riding Hood bike ride with my friend Sarah. We managed to do the 50 mile ride on my beach cruiser and her mountain bike. It was a lot harder than I anticipated but was so pleased to go the distance we signed up for.
I also participated in the Wasatch Back RAGNAR Relay last month with 10 other teammates. I was runner #8 this year which put me in Van 2. It was nice to see the other half of the course I did not see last year. I ran a little over 16 miles with my favorite run being the 7 miler at 2:00 a.m.
Lucas enjoying a round of miniature golf with his friend Bridger.
Landon was brave enough to try out his friend Sean Armstrong's in-line skates. He fell a couple of times but kept getting back up.
The boys and I like to go to Hidden Valley Park and this particular day I persuaded them to go for a little hike to look for rocks. We were able to hike part of Bonneville Shoreline Trail that starts and ends at the park.
All dressed up for a bike ride. ;) I usually drag out the stationary bike once the boys are in bed for the night but occasionally they stay up late and watch my television programs with me. I usually get to listen to them ask me 100 times if I am done yet so they can have a turn.
This year instead of running the Sandy 4th of July Race I signed up for the Kiss Me Dirty Race on July 2nd. I ran the full 4 miles through water and mud and over obstacle walls, hay bails and much more. It was lots of fun and I look forward to doing another one in the future.

No comments: