Thursday, June 2, 2011

Zoo Field Trip

Last month I was lucky enough to get to chaperon on Lucas' kindergarten field trip to the zoo. My friend Becky McArthur and I were assigned to keep track of the seven boys in the class. Just getting to ride on the bus with all their school friends was so exciting.
There were at least a dozen other buses full of children at the zoo this particular day so at times it was a little nerve racking trying to keep track of the seven rambunctious little guys. One of the boys strayed from our group while at the playground but luckily we quickly recovered him.
We all were pretty tired at the end of the day and I even got to go for a little run as one of the boys told me, as we were sitting on the bus getting ready to leave, that he left his jacket at the lunch table. I ran all the way back to get his jacket and then back to the bus. Note to self......remind kids to grab all their stuff before leaving the lunch table.

No comments: