Monday, July 5, 2010

What Lazy Days of Summer??

What started out as a nice Sunday afternoon drive to allow Landon to continue his little nappy poo poo ended up with a nice little leisure hike. We were originally driving around different parts of the valley to see if we could spot any of the damage some flooding (due to rapid snow melt and rain) had caused. We ended up driving up Little Cottonwood Canyon and when I got out of the truck to take some pictures both of the boys wanted to get out. None of us had on good hiking shoes and the path we took was not really a trail so it was definitely slow going. The boys really enjoyed themselves and the hike almost ended injury free until I slipped on a rock and fell on my butt. All I could think about was please don't let me get hurt bad enough that I will be unable to run. I did get a little bruise but fortunately was able to run the RAGNAR the next weekend. Due to rain and cooler temperatures we took advantage of one of our favorite summer hangouts - Classic Skating. We buy summer passes and usually just go to the pool but this particular day we stayed indoors playing video games and playing in all the bounce houses.


No comments: